- City Government
- Tax Collector
City Clerk & Tax Offices
The City of Belfast Clerk & Tax Office will be closed the week of Monday, December 27th. These offices will reopen on Monday, January 3rd, 2022. Almost all transactions can be done online.
The list of items below can be performed online at cityofbelfast.org.
Vehicle re-registrations https://www1.maine.gov/online/bmv/rapid-renewal/
- Real Estate Tax payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- Sewer payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- ATV re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Boat re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Snowmobile re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Hunting Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Fishing Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Dog Licenses https://apps1.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/dog_license/index.pl
All transaction to be completed online, can be accessed through our website, cityofbelfast.org - under “How do I: Pay Taxes”.
The items below are transactions that will require an in person transaction:
- New Vehicle Registrations
- Marriage Licenses
- New Resident Registrations
- Notary Services
- Any New ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registrations
- Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates (Mail or in person)
In case of a time sensitive request or if you have any questions, please contact the Office of the City Manager at (207)338-3370 Ext 110.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
All General Assistance requests should be sent to email@example.com or (207)338-3370 Ext 120 and a staff member will contact you. All emergencies should be directed to 911.
Tax Collector’s Notice
Demand Notices will be sent June 15, 2020 for Unpaid 2019 Real Estate Taxes, tax liens were applied on July 16, 2020.
The Tax Collector’s Office is responsible for collecting and safeguarding monies received for various taxes, fees, and charges such as tax billing and payments, sewer billing and payments, motor vehicle registrations, and Inland Fisheries and Wildlife registrations.
Agents/Attorneys: If you are looking to request information for a closing, please print this Tax Request Form (PDF) and submit to the Tax Office by email or fax 207-338-6222. We will complete and send information back to you as soon as we receive it.
You may pay taxes or sewer online as well as your vehicle registrations.
View information about tax-acquired property.